Tuesday, February 24, 2009

sea.eych

Many hipsters today dabble in the sounds of a Jay-Z, Nas, and all of them, on some level appreciate the Wu Tang Clan, I've personally asked every single hipster born in the past 28 years and can say this with certainty. Although just where this fascination began is still slightly unclear. Today Micah helped me get a little closer to the source.

I was on the Hipster Highway section of Sunset Blvd. in lovely Echo Park when I threw a questionnaire into Micah's face and asked him to fill it out, he said no but then again when you wake up hand cuffed to a stained mattress outside of a Big Lots (note: I had to buy the mattress inside and stain it myself - the process took just over 3 weeks,) you have little choice but to comply with the wishes of your captur, so he eventually agreed.

It seems to me that the more people I come across who are currently "only" listening to Animal Collective and have a hard time filling out the other 4 albums/bands they currently enjoy, the more I realize how many people have at one point owned the first Boyz II Men album, you know, CooleyHighHarmony. It's the album with all the hits like Mowtown Philly, It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday and that is it, nothing more, save it for the sequel boyz.

It makes me long for the days when I was single trolling the pages of eHarmony crying while thinking about how I fucked up my life in 8th grade by deciding to play sports rather than be an awesome R&B singer. My tenor voice was so smooth, albeit devoid of tonality and soul to this very day but that's because I made the decision to throw round objects around in fields or gyms. If anyone tells you that Boyz II Men was never a part of your life you know they never made out at a middle school dance.

I did make out at a middle school dance...thanks Melissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment